Friday July 12th 2019 | 20:00 | MIRY Concertzaal, Biezekapelstraat 9, 9000 Gent
For the occasion of the European Physical Society's conference on high energy physics, Continuo will reprise the programme of its succesful January concerts on music and science. We will play pieces by a number of composers who were also active in different scientific disciplines. In addition, we will also play the world premiere of 'Supersymmetry', the new - scientifically inspired - composition by Belgian composer Joris Blanckaert.
- Alexander Borodin - Polovtsian dances from Prince Igor
- Alexander Borodin - The steppes of Central Asia
- Charles Ives - The Unanswered Question with trumpet soloist Stefaan De Loenen
- George Antheil - Capital of the World Suite
- Joris Blanckaert - Supersymmetry
Ticket price: €12
Biezekapelstraat 9, 9000 Gent
By public transportation:
From the Gent St-Pieters railway station:
Tram 1 (every 6 minutes) or tram 24 (every 20 minutes). Get off at Korenmarkt
From Gent Zuid:
Tram 4 (every 6 minutes) or tram 24 (every 20 minutes) or bus 17 (every 30 minutes). Get of at Korenmarkt
Parking garage P7 Sint-Michiels. It's about a 5 minute walk to the MIRY Concertzaal.
An alternative parking garage is P8 Ramen. It's about a 10 minute walk from here to the concert hall.